I'm such a daydreamer.
I constantly catch myself thinking into the future-far into the future-and wondering what God has in store for me.
Now that I'm un-officially waiting for a baby (we're still waiting on our final paperwork to come through so we can take it to the agency and activate our profile-ugh!), I catch myself daydreaming like crazy! It usually happens around holidays or special occasions and goes something like this, "This time next year, we'll have a baby to take trick-or-treating!" or "This time next year, I'll be snuggling my baby up in those sweet pajamas with feet!"
It's so exciting to daydream about the future and think about having diapers to change, bottles to make and not sleeping (believe it or not, I'm totally pumped about middle-of-the-night feedings!). Oh...I can't wait to snuggle up with my sweet baby and breathe in his or her yummy baby smell. Ahhhhhhhhhh...
July 2026
5 weeks ago
I am the same way about those middle of the night feeds and diaper changes. I kinda wonder if when having a family is a little more effort for some of us, we almost savor each little thing a bit more. Ya know? I kind of feel priviledged to be chosen for this path. Can't wait to see what God's doing here!
ReplyDeleteI wish nothing but happiness for you! Having a child is definitely a blessing and I have no doubt you will be amazing parents! I also have no doubt the baby you are meant to have is waiting for you :)
ReplyDeleteMolly is definitely right. I know that in our case, we were able to savor the blessing so much more knowing what a battle it was to get him. You guys will be such amazing parents and you'll be snuggling a sweet baby in footy pj's in no time! We decided to adopt in August 2009 and brought home our sweet lil guy August 3rd 2010. What a difference a year makes!
ReplyDeleteMolly couldn't have said it better! I agree with everything she said! Melissa, I can't wait for that day that we are planning for me to come down to OK for a visit to introduce our little ones to each other!! Hopefully soon :) You waiting mommas are such a blessing to me, even from afar!
ReplyDeleteI love your blog, Melissa! T.R. and I are so thrilled for you guys and will continue praying for you!
ReplyDeleteSounds like we daydream about the same things :). You will be such a good mommy! Xoxo
ReplyDelete