I am a self-proclaimed sap. I cry at church while singing worship songs nearly every Sunday, I cry at cheesy commercials and in the words of Truvy Jones (from Steel Magnolias), " I have a strict policy that nobody cries alone in my presence." I just can't help getting all sentimental about things, especially when it comes to our adoption journey.
Lately, I've been OBSESSED with thinking back to where I was a year ago. How I was longing for a child and had agreed to adopt, but had no idea how or if it was going to work.
I'm nearly positive that those who have to listen to me talk all the time (bless your hearts!) are soooooo over hearing, "Can you believe that a year ago..." or "Who knew a year ago that..." Well, I'm sorry, but I have to do it again because a couple of things in the past week are just too coincidental to NOT be a reminder of God's sovereignty. So, if you're tired of hearing about it, go ahead and stop reading now. :)
We've been having to gather paperwork for our lawyer as we prepare to go to court to finalize our adoption. Last week, the lawyer's assistant emailed Rob asking for an invoice from our home study (the court has to approve all adoption expenses as part of the finalization), so I went fishing through old emails to try and find the original letter we got from our social worker. When I found it, the date on it was August 20, 2010, which just happens to be a year to the day before Annie turned six months old. I won't even go into the whole, "Our baby was already conceived at the time and we didn't even know it!" discussion.
Then, I think of today, August 24, 2011. We went to meet with our lawyer this morning to review and sign the adoption decree, so it can be filed and we can get a court date. On August 24, 2010, we had our home study interview.
Am I the only one who finds the irony in this? Well, I don't really think it's irony at all. It's just too coincidental to be a coincidence...don't you think?
I like to think of it as a little wink from my Heavenly Father. A reminder that He knows what He's doing and that He had everything...all of these "coincidences"... planned all along.
~M
July 2026
5 weeks ago
As your Granny Ruby used to say," God is on His Throne,and all is right!"
ReplyDeleteI love moments like that where you just "KNOW"!
ReplyDeleteLove it! And I don't want you to ever stop telling these stories because they just make my heart happy. I am still waiting (duh...you know this) and it is so great to hear what is there on the other side of the wait...so keep on telling that story, tears and all. God is blessing others through you, Rob, and your incredible little lady Annie :) Love you, friend, and am so blessed that God allowed our paths to cross before we left OK!
ReplyDelete