I can't believe it's May already! Where in the world did March and April go? I'll admit that when people told me that kids grow up fast, I thought they were nuts. How could spending every day with a child who relies on you for her every need go by quickly? Well, it does go by quickly...too quickly!
So far, we've survived Annie's first cold, her first round of shots and our first major holiday as a family...all of these things happened over the course of a week.
Here are some pics from our first Easter.
Annie ready for her first egg hunt (with some help from daddy)
Annie's first picture with the Easter Bunny (yes...he has a scary face) Our first Easter family picture
My favorite...Annie and daddy on Easter Sunday...so sweet!
We have never felt as blessed and loved as we have since we welcomed sweet Anneliese to our family in February. Our friends and family have taken great care of us and overwhelmed us with their thoughtfulness and generosity. Just to give you an idea, here are some stats:
Delicious meals provided to us in the weeks after Annie's arrival: 16
Showers given in Annie's honor: 7
Gifts given to Annie: Too numerous to count! Honestly, we won't have to buy this girl clothes until the Fall, we've only had to buy diapers and wipes one time and currently have a huge stockpile of them in her closet. She also has a toy box full of toys and all the gear a baby could want!
One of the things I pouted about (it sounds so silly now) when we decided to adopt was that no one would be excited for us and we wouldn't get to experience the showers and other things that expectant parents get.
Man, I couldn't have been more wrong! Annie's arrival has brought joy to so many people-even those outside of our family. Her story has touched the hearts of many and even sparked an interest in adoption for some.
Once again, I am humbled by how this adoption journey was about so much more than my desire to be a mother.
God is good. He is faithful, friends!
~M
No comments:
Post a Comment