Wednesday, June 29, 2011

One year later...

I don't really consider myself as someone who is hung up on dates. I mean, I remember the important ones: birthdays, anniversaries, etc., but I don't have the skill that my friend and former radio news colleague Cody Howard does.

That man remembers everything. I love getting random e-mails from him time to time that say, "Do you remember what happened on this day eleven years ago?" Of course, I don't so I'll wait for him to fill in the blanks about some crazy news story we covered or some hilarious office incident. I love that he remembers random things because I typically do not.

For some reason though, I remember more specific dates about our adoption process than I ever have about anything else.

Take tomorrow, June 30th. That marks one year since our first meeting with Deaconess Pregnancy and Adoption Services. Our meeting was after work that day. I remember sitting in Sandy's office getting all of the info. we needed to get started and thinking how much I didn't want to settle for adoption. Ugh! Why couldn't I just get pregnant and stop this nonsense? A million things were going through my mind...this is going to be a nightmare and take forever...there is no way a birth mom will pick us and if she does, I certainly don't want an open adoption...we can't afford this! More than once during our meeting, Sandy made the statement, "We just love to see how God puts our families together." Never in a million years did I imagine God's plan for our family.

I've explained before that even though I told my husband I was in...I definitely was not. It took four months for God to change my heart...and thank heavens He did!

One year later, I'm a MOM (that still strikes me as funny) and not only am I a mom, I am mommy to the sweetest, most beautiful girl ever to be born! Seriously, babies just don't come any cuter than my Annie. :)


Boy, does God know how to put a girl in her place or what? I love it when He does that!

~M

2 comments: