We're at 32 days and counting until our sweet girl is due to be born and I am still in awe at the amazing blessing God has bestowed upon us! It's almost impossible for me to fathom that in a little more than a month, we're going to have a baby!
I am excited, nervous and a little stressed, but I'm also really sad.
It absolutely breaks my heart every time I think about "T" and the pain she must be going through. Honestly, I think of her and pray for her more than I do our soon-to-be daughter.
Those who have walked this path before tell me it's normal...but it sure feels different than I ever imagined it would. I never once thought that being chosen by a birth mom would bring sadness. Afterall, I've spent so long worrying about me and my baby I don't think I ever considered that I would feel the burden of the amazing young woman who would allow me to become a mother.
I know I've asked for prayer lately. A lot. But, if you're so led, please continue to lift "T" up in prayer in the months to come. She is bringing us more joy than I could ever hope for by placing her baby girl with us, but her gift to us means unbelieveable sadness and loss for her. Please pray for God's comfort and peace as well as for her health and stamina.
Gratefully,
~M
July 2026
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment